Full-time and Part-time Groomer
Dirty Dogs is looking to hire FULL TIME and PART TIME GROOMERS to help us keep up with increased demand. We require a high school diploma or equivalent and at least 2 years of grooming experience. Grooming portfolio and certifications are a plus. We are willing to train if you have 2-3 years of experience working with dogs.
Benefits Package includes paid days off, insurance, bonus program, and more. Pay based on experience, up to $65,000 per year plus tips for full-time.
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
The Groomer is customer service-focused. They assist customers by providing a positive “doggie spa experience” from the time they are greeted through the time they check out. The Groomer provides customers the knowledge needed to properly care for and groom their canine companions and coordinates care with other groomers and staff.
- Compassion: Dogs and cats often get stressed out in unfamiliar situations, and groomers need to understand this and treat them accordingly.
- Excellent Customer-Service skills: Groomers work with customers directly, and must be friendly and listen to their requests and needs.
- Strong Attention to Detail: Groomers must pay attention to what they are doing so that the animals stay safe and the grooming comes out looking great.
- Stamina: Groomers are on their feet for long periods of time, sometimes hunched over animals during the grooming process.
- Grooming Tools: Groomer must possess their own grooming tools needed to groom a large variety of pets.
Application for employment: Word / PDF Applications can be sent by email or delivered in person to Dirty Dogs Spa during business hours.